The Johnson couple lived in Miami. To celebrate another family holiday, the couple went to a restaurant, and upon their return immediately went to bed. Leona and Paul slept soundly, because they did not even suspect that trouble would happen that very night.
In the middle of the night, the silence was broken by the meowing of Bella, the cat that lived with the Johnsons. Immediately, the animal meowed softly, but over time, her cry became louder and more distinct. Very soon, the animal literally screamed, sitting on the bed of its owners, and this is what helped the spouses save their lives.
Waking up from the screams of the cat, Leona immediately noticed that the house smelled very strange, as it turned out, she felt carbon monoxide. The gas had already begun to affect people, so the woman had to make an incredible effort just to get to the phone and call the rescue service. Rescuers arrived in a few minutes and immediately helped people and their cat, which became the main character of this story.
The cause of the trouble was the couple’s car. Parked in the garage, the couple did not turn off the engine. Since the garage adjoined the house and had direct access to the living quarters, carbon monoxide rushed into the house and quickly reached the master bedroom.
Thanks to Bella, the couple survived, because if the cat had not woken them that night, they might never wake up again.